Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Epic First Date Of The Year

2010’s been pretty kind to me, bro. If you can recall in my very first WoW Gold Pig post, I have mentioned my self-imposed break in the dating department.

But since it’s the start of a new year and a new decade, it’s time The Bradster got his mojo back. Guess who just got home from an epic first date with a smokin’ college senior? Hale yes, dude.

In the words of Cameron James from 10 Things I Hate About You (man, that movie’s a classic), “And I’m back in the game!”

So we met up in the mall earlier today and watched Avatar, what else. Paid for everything―tickets, popcorn, candy and drinks. It’s actually my second time seeing the movie but I didn’t mind. Worth paying twice for the best movie of 2009 and presumably, 2010.

Here, a look behind the scenes:



When the trailer first came out, I did have my reservations.

While I didn’t go as far as saying it’s some dumb, overrated CGI crapfest like some people, I thought it wouldn’t live up to the hype. Yes, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I’m referring to you.

The 300-million dollar James Cameron motion capture film, however, has been steadily holding on to the top spot for 4 weeks now and has earned over $1 BILLION worldwide. It’s currently just behind Titanic, another James Cameron masterpiece, in the all-time box office champs category. JFC, he’s competing with himself for the top spot. Now that’s just badass.

Kinda like how my date went. I know, not the best word to use but what I meant to say is that it was way more awesome than I expected a first date to be.

One little setback though is that she isn’t as enthusiastic as I am about gaming. So what if she’s never played nor ever heard of World of Warcraft? Or that she initially thought MMO was a derivative of IMO (which IMHO, is actually quite endearing)?

Really, so what? I mean, I could convert her. Not easily, as seems to be the case, but maybe after the second or third date I could get her to play with my toon and do small stuff like picking herbs first or something.

But this can only be done if she says yes to my invitation of spending more quality time over at my pad. And if my boys say yes to moving raid night to Sunday instead.

Hard, but not impossible.

Hope 2010's good to you too piggies!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell the pig what you think.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home