Thursday, September 17, 2009

Meat Your Match, Chocolate!

Whenever us porkers get together for a WoW session, we also get ready to chow down. Well duh, that’s what pigs do.

But seriously, we do have piles of junk food stashed (chips, salsa, and Krispy Kremes are a staple) and I sneak a bite every now and then, perhaps more often than I should the others.

I’m a pretty adventurous eater with a taste for the unexpected so it wasn’t long ‘til I found about the existence of these one-of-a-kind venison chocolate truffles on the net. Venison, really? If you’re not sure what that is, it’s deer meat. Yep, deer.


The brainchild of New Zealand’s famed chocolatier Hanna Frederick, these mini sausage-shaped treats are an admittedly odd blend of dark chocolate and ground-up salty dried meat. Sounds like dinner and dessert in one, though of course, way less filling and calorie-consuming. Dude, where’s the fun in that???

On a side note, could this be every meat lover AND chocoholic’s dream? Maybe. But if you like the flavor of bittersweet chocolate and the aftertaste of salami, then this one’s for you.

[Image taken from http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/2871640/Meat-flavoured-chocs-weird-but-delicious]

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooo.. not even in my wildest dream, ewww ;P

Why not give it a try and tell us how it feels to be eating a meat-chocolate.

September 23, 2009 at 1:07 AM  
Anonymous jezgamer said...

I really can't imagine what was the taste of that meaty-chocolate. Now, I'm feeling like I'm going to vomit all the food I ate. Mmmpff-mmpff... *Ghakhh*... HUURRRL... (Ummm...sorry! Can't stop myself.)

September 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Tell the pig what you think.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home