Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sweaty Nerds Invade Anaheim (BlizzCon)

Alright - I think it's safe to say that this following equation sums up how I feel about the announcements at BlizzCon:

Mind = Blown

There's just so much meat that I'm having trouble digesting all the information that Blizzard threw at us. Here I was, watching from the safety of my computer at home, popcorn in hand as a sea of sweaty geeks and nerds flooded the Anaheim Convention Center.

So what caught our attention?

Well, the biggest thing to come out is the confirmation of Cataclysm. MMO-Champion was spot-on with all the information a couple of weeks back. We've got goblins and worgen, Deathwing, the sundering of Azeroth, new race/class combinations, progression and more. If I tried to type all the changes in this blog post, I might cause a rip in the fabric of time and space. Seriously.

I'm totally pumped for the worgen. Half-man, half-wolf, all badass! This just might be the Alliance race for me. Check out the preview gameplay video below:



The transformation animation is totally pimp. I think I have this fascination with werewolves ever since I saw I Was a Teenage WereWolf...

Okay, maybe not, but it sure does make me wanna kick Edward Cullen's shiny white teeth in!

Don't get me wrong though - the goblins are equally as cool as their furry counterparts. You know why? Because they get a freakin' Hot Rod mount! They also have a utility belt that gives them rocket boost every 2 minutes and not to mention looking very, very green.

Then there's the Diablo III Monk class. I'm not the biggest Diablo fan, but seeing the trailer made me want the game BAD. I'd definitely want to hand out family-size beatdowns like the monk!



News on the Starcraft 2 front was scarce, but the idea of an 'app store' like service for Battle.net and SC2 maps sounded nice.

I could go on for days, nerdgasming like this. If you want all the juicy details, head on to WoW.com for the complete coverage.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous EjomLexus said...

Too bad Worgen is Alliance. ROAR!

August 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Worgen was given to the Alliance, Horde should have like Vampires next expansion. Just to balance the equation. Goblin is a-ok. Gnomes counterpart, I may say.

Undead vs. Human
BElf vs. NElf
Tauren vs. Draenei
Orc vs. Worgen
Goblins vs. Gnomes
Dwarves vs. Trolls (Middle earth story)

Maybe next time, they can include:

Ogres vs. Mountain Giants (Titans)

September 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Tell the pig what you think.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home