Monday, April 19, 2010

Pony Up!

Even after three days following its staggeringly overhyped debut, the Celestial Steed mount is still high on everyone’s radar. Actually…make that GAYdar.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against unicorns or ponies or anything of the equine sort (dude, I actually liked the Sex and the City movie…heehee) and constellations and sprinkles and pancakes. And all those other things that happiness is made of.

BUT―and this is a big one, mind you―the newest flying mount is nothing but a bejeweled baby beast. And it’ll cost ya 25 bucks. Sure it’s pretty but man, we’re talking TWENTY-FIVE REAL WORLD DOLLARS.

DUDE, SRSLY. Riding that fancy horse is roughly the equivalent of riding a pink Audi TT IRL.

Big pimpin eh?

Just so you know, I’m not as outraged as some people are about this whole thing. In fact, I think Blizzard’s move is sheer genius. I would probably have thought of it myself if I worked for them but I don’t so I have to live with that.

I just wish they thought of us porkers too when they made the mount. I personally can never buy this My Little Pony (Superstar Fairy Edition) because it would look stupid and miniscule carrying my brawny, beefy toons. Next time, tone down the pizzazz and make it look kick-ass.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. Considering all the hoopla and the ridiculous amount of sales it has generated for Blizzard, the steed’s quite the stud.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell the pig what you think.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home